The adventures of Pioneer Girl travelling with enthusiastic Camper Barn Owl Guy

Started as a blog about my trip from Pittsburgh to California in a Ford Pickup, hauling a 30' refurbed trailer/camper. Ah, California Dreaming, 'n all that. Found that adventures can be long distance or in your own neighborhood... I look for my own twist on local sites, don't take the known for granted...and always find something new. It's easy, just open your eyes..

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today and Tomorrow and Today

  November 1, 2011  Greetings fellow         pioneers.. .I learn and experience   something new everyday as you know through my past blogs...  Some have been quirky, some fun, and for me always educational in the process.  That's what I love about being a Pioneer.....just open your eyes and explore. Maybe because it's a dreary November day and I'm feeling very melancholy that today's post will be very different than my past blogs, but no matter, today it is today until tomorrow when it will be today again..


I stumbled upon a beautiful clip on YouTube which made me contemplate the our rich past and the American way of life and the vast landscape in which we live.  As we stumble through our journey in our moment of life, we learn also of the beauty of the past, the struggles which are different from our own, still show the human spirit of survival.  This clip of Americana set to the brilliant Aaron Copland's music from his opera A Tender Life has me in awe today of this wonderful piece of work ... life and love is beautiful. Love frees us and gives us light, shining like a star—breaking the fearful darkness of this world, and guiding us on our long and winding journey home one day at a time.  And so...life so fleeting is at times difficult but also sweet...


...This is the Promise of Living..    Please enjoy the video, I promise you will be touched.  Any comments anyone may share would be very much appreciated.  


Your Philosophical P.G....xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment