The adventures of Pioneer Girl travelling with enthusiastic Camper Barn Owl Guy

Started as a blog about my trip from Pittsburgh to California in a Ford Pickup, hauling a 30' refurbed trailer/camper. Ah, California Dreaming, 'n all that. Found that adventures can be long distance or in your own neighborhood... I look for my own twist on local sites, don't take the known for granted...and always find something new. It's easy, just open your eyes..

Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18, 2011 - Good morning, fellow travelers and pioneers.  Today wise Shiro reminded me of travel as a confluence of both spiritual and physical travel.   As we travel through our lives, we encounter lessons both good and instructive...I hesitate to say bad, because even unfortunate, seemly bad events are to be analyzed and blessed as seeds for growth.  We've all had them, but we know that ruminating and holding grudges should not, in the overall scheme of a well balanced life tarnish our journey.  Sometimes the ride may not be comfortable, sometimes its scary but focus on the goal of the JOURNEY...happiness and spiritual growth,  love and forgiveness and loyalty and peace..some of the true qualities of life that are outside of so many people's reality that as they shop and shop seeking perfection, they believe they are buying happiness...such a simple existence.

So as I really mark down my days prior to my big birthday adventure to the Land of Smiles, I will smile again and  focus on family and loved ones both past and present, and thank them for blessing me with their lives both for the happiness and the sorrow.. seek forgiveness for any of my trespasses.   and hope that I have blessed them in many or a few ways.  You never know what may happen along the way, but if ones does get lost out there somewhere, I know love can bring them home.

So, enjoy your own trip...keep your eyes open and you can find new adventures in your own backyard or your kitchen.  My Sunday morning philosophy..before I head out for my morning walk.  xoxo..PG

No comments:

Post a Comment