The adventures of Pioneer Girl travelling with enthusiastic Camper Barn Owl Guy

Started as a blog about my trip from Pittsburgh to California in a Ford Pickup, hauling a 30' refurbed trailer/camper. Ah, California Dreaming, 'n all that. Found that adventures can be long distance or in your own neighborhood... I look for my own twist on local sites, don't take the known for granted...and always find something new. It's easy, just open your eyes..

Monday, December 26, 2011

Massages and Messages


December 26, 2011 - Sa-wad-dee-ka (Hello), Pioneers..Same day, different time....days seem to have to end and no beginning, having a hard time delineating days..can't believe it's still December 26.  After having no sleep once again last night, I feel I'm starting to crash and burn.  Today, Pad Thai served at pool side, followed by a Thai Massage, in the hopes of relaxing for some well needed sleep.  Unlike any massage I've had, I enter the darkened room through the curtain to find a small, neat futon on the bamboo floor and folded loose cotton pj's ready for me.  The smell of eucalyptus rising up through the air....no, wait that's a different song from a different continent.

The massage is performed on the floor and is called "nuat phaen boran" (the ancient-manner massage).  I'm instructed by the petite Thai woman to lie on my stomach and starting at my feet, this little woman inflicted a SERIOUS deep tissue massage and wake up call on every single muscle and tissue, every meridian,  in my body.  Using her elbows, knees, forearms..she puts my body into many yoga-like positions and stretches and pulls...sometimes hurting to where it was confused with a pain and a very large tickle, sometimes grimacing, something almost laughing.  (this would be a great adjunct to my regular yoga practice at home)   PS all for about $12 US.   It enlivened me instead of relaxing me.
..
Headed to a swim lesson at the International School for my niece, Ali...what a ham that girl is, with a very good butterfly stroke..and she's speaking Thai, a most difficult language, more and more every day.  So the message from Ali for the day:  doo-lae-dtua-eang-duay-na-ka!  (meaning "Take care of yourself...")

xoxo PG in BT..

No comments:

Post a Comment